Short-eared Owl At Last

Exminster Marsh, Exminster, Devon
I had a quick look from the middle car park for the 2 reported Short-eared Owls with no joy. It was late in the day and cold so I didn’t stick around for long. However as I was driving back on the A379 just a hundred metres or so from the roundabout that leads to station road (heading towards Exeter). One of the birds flew along the road towards me! I managed to avoid veering off the road and slowed down enough to obtain a few seconds view of the bird. Luckily there was no traffic behind me as I expect I would have had an angry BEEP. Phew! I have finally caught up with one. I was beginning to think I would miss out on this cracking species this year so I’m pleased to finally see one.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.