Hen Harrier

Woodbury Common, Devon
An hours look after work was rewarded within minutes of arriving (4:15pm) as a juvenile Hen Harrier flew extremely low almost directly over me. The views were brief as trees were blocking me and it quickly went low and was hard to keep track of but they weren’t half close views for a few seconds.

I then decided to walk right out in the direction of the grenade range in the hope of seeing yesterday’s Short-eared Owl and we are due a Great Grey Shrike. No joy there but there were large numbers of Meadow Pipit and Common Linnet to keep me entertained on the way. I also enjoyed distant views of a small group of what I believe were Roe Deer (I’m no good with deer species so I’m happy to be corrected). On the way back (around 5:05pm). The Hen Harrier again flew directly over me and this time I was able to watch it fly low for a few moments longer than the first sighting. Unfortunately it was all still a bit quick for me to set my scope up for a photo. I always enjoy seeing this species and sadly that doesn’t occur too often.

Roe Deer?


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.