Western Yellow Wagtail

Beer Head, Devon 

All the years I've lived in East Devon, I have never managed to get to this site. Got some info off Kevin Hale today though and had an evening visit. A joy of a site with lots of great habitats. And an amazing migration drop in area. 

I wanted to have a look for Western Yellow Wagtail and was not disappointed. Within minutes I had got nice views of 4 birds. I normally see this species hanging about with Cows, so to see them dodging sheep feet was a bit of a novelty.  

On leaving, there was a Red-legged Partridge by the barn near the entrance gate and nice views of a European Green Woodpecker. 

I will definitely be spending more time here now that I live nearer the site than I was in Exmouth. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.