Finally A Northern Wheatear, Some Nice Waders And A YL Gull

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 
I was in Exmouth on an errand and had literally 10 minutes to spare. So I popped here for a quick look. Since moving and lockdown, I haven't been here in ages. It felt nice to be back on a familiar site. The target was Northern Wheatear and since a load had been seen at Beer Head. I thought there had to be some here. Anyway, I was able to see a single bird in my 10 minutes there. Amazingly, due to lockdown. This was my first of the year. 

Black Hole Marsh, Seaton, Devon 
A quick visit this evening produced the Little Stint, Wood Sandpiper and Ruff from the viewing area before the island hide. Lots of Dunlin and Common Ringed Plover about I also bumped into Steve Waite that let me know of an adult Yellow-legged Gull from the tower hide. I picked it out but the light wouldnt let me get a great photo with my equipment. Also a single Common Greenshank and lots more Dunlin from this hide. 

Little Stint

Yellow-legged Gull 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.