Long-tailed Blue

Seaton Harbour, Devon 
I had the day off today so wanted to go in search of Butterflies. I really wanted to photograph Dingy Skipper so I headed here first. A good number were about and I managed to get a photo. But, the star of the show was a stunning Long-tailed Blue. It showed rather nicely and  cracking lifer species.

Dingy Skipper

Long-tailed Blue

Broadcroft Quarry, Portland, Dorset
I moved on in search of more Butterflies. I really wanted a Lulworth Skipper, another lifer. And on arrival it was the first Butterfly I saw. Couldnt get a photo thought. Other great species on site were. Adonis Blue, Chalkhill Blue, Silver-studded Blue, Small Blue, Common Blue, Small Copper, Small Heath, Painted Lady, Small White, Large White, Gatekeeper and Meadow Brown. 

Small Copper 

Common Blue

Adonis Blue

Small Blue

Small Heath

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.