Sea Watching

Berry Head, Devon 

I had the day off especially to do some sea watching. I was tempted to venture to Porthgwarra (wish I had now as good counts of Great Shearwater and Cory's Shearwater). However, I still had an enjoyable time with great company at Berry Head. It was slow going but a trickle of Manx Shearwater and Balearic Shearwater was a welcome site. As was a Pomerine Jaeger, a few Parastic Jaeger and a Great Skua. Lots af Black-legged Kittiwake, Northern Fulmar and Northern Gannet to make up the supporting cast. Also great amount of Harbour Porpoise sightings. 

A lovely couple from Stockport were on holiday and by chance ended up on Berry Head. It was a great pleasure getting them on to a number of lifers (Manx Shearwater Balearic Shearwater, Pomerine Jaeger,  Parasitic Jaeger and Harbour Porpoise). It was amazing to see the joy on their faces and made me think of all the times I've had those "get in there!" Moments. All too few and far between these days. But equally nice to see the true meaning of enjoying birdwatching. 

All in all a great day out. As Berry head always is.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.