Mandarin Duck

Cadhay Bridge, Ottery St Mary, Devon 

I had a wander around the bridge area mid afternoon and the first bird I heard was a Common Kingfisher and within seconds I had nice views before it Spotted me and flew off down river. Oddly, my first sightings this year. Also around the Bridge were a few Sand Martin and a Little Egret. Near the entrance to the wooded area was a busy Southern Migrant Hawker and in the wooded area were Eurasian Treecreeper and Eurasian Nuthatch.

Gosford Bridge, Ottery St Mary, Devon 

I moved on to this area and made my way north. Last year I saw Mandarin Duck at this location and after a patient wait they are still there. Also more Sand Martin and a single Lesser Black-backed Gull. Not a Common sight here. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.