Cirl Bunting

Stantywell Farm, Otterton, Devon 

I've not been able to birdwatch for nearly 2 weeks due to contracting Covid. Despite being double vaccinated, it was still not a pleasant experience. Today was the day of my freedom after isolation and after obtaining a negative test I was keen to get out. 

I decided to keep it simple and go somewhere very quite so I popped to Stantywell Farm. I gave the sea an optimistic look which drew a complete blank but I was entertained by a cracking Male Cirl Bunting along the footpath from the sewage works to the coastal path. Also in the fields was a nice Brown Hare. 

Not a trip for quantity but it didn't matter as it was so nice to get back out into the field and in the fresh air. 

I also had this cracking Silver Y moth in my garden the other day. 

Silver Y

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.