Up Close And Personal

Ottery St Mary, Devon 

No birdwatching today as had to put in an 11 hour day at work to complete some important reports. However, I did get up close and personal with an Eurasian Goldfinch. I was working at my desk in the kitchen dinner, when *THUD* I looked through the patio doors to find the poor thing flat out on it back on the patio. I initially thought it was dead but quickly noticed some eye movement. It was clearly knocked out cold. I decided to bring it indoors as we have a lot of cats in out area. Popped it in a open cardboard box with a teatowel to keep it warm. I kept an eye on it for 10 minutes and it seemed to be coming back to its senses. I careful picked it up and placed it on the lawn and stood guard for a moment before it took flight. It had a stronge straight flight so I am confident it will be OK. It maybe me me but it Starred at me for a moment before it took off, almost as if it was saying "Thanks" 

Eurasian Goldfinch

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.