Lesser Spotted Woodpecker

Yarner Wood, Bovey Tracey, Devon

I had a bit of free time today so fancied venturing a bit further. I arrived and for the first 30 minutes the place seemed dead. I was feeling like this was going to be one of those days. However,  I eventually came across a Male European Pied Flycatcher that showed ever so briefly but nicely. I then heard that unmistakable drumming of a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker followed by an alarm call. They gave me a bit of a run around but after a little while a Male and Female gave themselves up near the top entrance gate and showed lovely around the car park for Trendlebere Down. I couldn't get a decent phone to scope photo but heres a find the birdie sort of picture. 

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.