Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon
A visit to the hide first thing. Viewing is always hard on sunny mornings this time of the year as the sun is low and in yours eyes. However, good numbers of Eurasian Teal, a few Eurasian Wigeon, a single Common Greenshank and several Black-tailed Godwit dropped in. Apart from that it was rather quite and most birds were still rather sleepy.
Woodbury Common, Devon
A lightening visit to the model airplane area after work produced a few Common Chiffchaff, a feeding flock of Goldcrest, Long-tailed Tit and Eurasian Blue Tit, singles of Eurasian Treecreeper and Great Spotted Woodpecker. Best of all was a brief view of a Red Crossbill. There were a few more around as I heard multiple calls but I couldn’t locate. I also noted large numbers of Dunnock. At one point around 15 were foraging together on the path. They have obviously done ok.
Birding and other wildlife in East Devon and beyond. As often as I can but not as much as I would like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This Weeks Popular Post
-
5th January 2018 Maer Rocks, Exmouth, Devon A Very brief sea watching session at first light for 30 minutes. 10 Common Scoter, one of whi...
All Time Most Popular Post.
-
Colaton Raleigh Common, Devon I’ve not been able to get out this week as I’ve had a case of man flu (there worse type of flu there is of co...
No comments:
Post a Comment