Exmouth Quay, Exmouth, Devon
It’s been a very busy week in work which has impacted on my already limited time in the field. Today though I managed to get away early enough to spend a bit of time looking off the Quay. There was not a lot around but it was a welcome relief to be out. The best birds on offer were a single adult Mediterranean Gull and a group of Sandwich Tern on Great Bull Hill. A group of European Herring Gull were frantically feeding just off the Quay and one was giving off characteristics of a juvenile Yellow-legged Gull. Due to the amount of Gulls feeding it was hard work trying to figure it out in amongst the frenzy. Unfortunately I lost it and couldn’t relocate it once they had settled down on nearby boats and bouys! It looked good but just couldn’t get a 100% on the ID.
Birding and other wildlife in East Devon and beyond. As often as I can but not as much as I would like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This Weeks Popular Post
-
5th January 2018 Maer Rocks, Exmouth, Devon A Very brief sea watching session at first light for 30 minutes. 10 Common Scoter, one of whi...
All Time Most Popular Post.
-
Colaton Raleigh Common, Devon I’ve not been able to get out this week as I’ve had a case of man flu (there worse type of flu there is of co...
No comments:
Post a Comment