Snow Goose (In The Snow) And A Well Earned Bonaparte’s Gull

Powderham, Devon
I managed to get a few hours out (or should I say off family duties) so I could have a look at the Snow Geese at Powderham Corner. I arrived just as a bit of a snow shower kicked off (appropriate I guess) after the flurry easied off the 2 Snow Geese decided to come out of the ditch they were hiding in. I found myself wondering if these were the same 2 birds that I saw with my mate Pete at Maer Lake, St Ives, Cornwall last November. I’m not sure what the final thoughts on those where. Well no matter what the origin of these birds, they were nice to observe. I managed a couple of aweful record shots.

Snow Goose

Snow Goose

Exmouth quay, Devon
I then decided to give the Bonaparte’s Gull another go and was only at the quay for 10 minutes and my luck was in as it flew past the quay and in to Shelley Beach. A very quick look off Shelley Beach was fruitless. I’ve tried for this bird countless times this year so I’m pleased I had (brief) but close views of the bird in flight.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.