Whiskered Tern

Swannery, Abbotsbury, Dorset 

Whiskered Tern is a bird I've missed on 3 occasions which really is a bitter pill to Swallow. So the fact that the individual at the swannery has hung around for a number of days now was to tempting to pass up. So after work today I set off in hope. I arrived to hear that the bird had flown off. Wad this to be dip number 4? But after 5 minutes I caught sight of the bird coming in from the right and past the hide and out of sight. OK, I've seen it but I want more I thought. After another few minutes the bird popped back into the lagoon and gave stonking close views. I was too awe struck to even think of photos as I enjoyed close scope views and watched it move further out of the lagoon. Perhaps I should invest in a camera? Also on site were a number of Common Tern, Sandwich Tern and a Black Swan. 

On the walk back to the beach car park (I didn't pay much attention on the way out) were 2 Northern Wheatear, 2 Eurasian Reed Bunting, and 2 Common Reed Warbler. I did think about going for the Tawny Pipit at Cogden but I was pushed for time and as much as it's a cracking bird, I have seen a few before. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.