American Golden Plover And A Possible European Honey Buzzard

Ottery St Mary, Devon 

Due to family commitments, I spent most of my day at home. I was treated to my first ever true garden Northern Jay first thing but it was ever so brief. I was constantly watching the skies for a Red Kite. No such luck but did get a few Common Swift and Common Buzzard. however, late afternoon a distant raptor was making its way east. For me, a possible European Honey Buzzard. All the characteristics where there. Large tail, large wings, very pale underside with wide bands and dark carpals. Slow wing beat and a nice curve to the wings, unlike a Common Buzzars. It was however, too distant for me to be 100% certain. 

Exminster Marsh, Devon 

Early evening I popped along to see the American Golden Plover. The bird showed fantastically and I was able to get a few record shots. I do love this species and have been dying to see it since it was recorded yesterday.

American Golden Plover

American Golden Plover

American Golden Plover 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.