Not Quite Porthgwarra

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
I was itching to get out and do some sea watching but was busy all day until early evening. I popped up to my favoured view point and hoped for the best. There were a number of Northern Gannet around and several Northern Fulmar. After about a quarter of an hour a group of 4 Manx Shearwater came through heading west. Over the next 30 minutes a few more groups came through and one held a Balearic Shearwater. I held on until the light faded in the hope of a Sooty Shearwater or Great Shearwater (one reported off Berry Head) with no avail. So not the quality of Porthgwarra as I ended with 1 Balearic Shearwater and 15 Manx Shearwater. I am busy again tomorrow (on what could potentially be a great sea watching day) but I am getting up at first light to try again for a few hours. Here's hoping for a Cory's Shearwater.... you've got to dream big!

Northern Gannet

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.