A Smart Grebe

Cockwood, Devon
I had a quick look for the Horned Grebe today and it showed rather well from the railway steps. I haven’t bothered to see it in summer plumage for a few years and had the urge to do so. I was glad I did as it reminded me that this species is actually a very smart looking bird indeed. Also of note were 2 adult Mediterrean Gulls sat on Great Bull Hill (again a tad too distant for even a crappy record picture) next to a group of Sandwich Tern. Still no oranges billed Tern though (yes I’m obsessed with finding a Royal Tern!). After only a few minutes the 2 Mediterranean Gulls took off and they were joined by another. The 3 birds headed up river towards Bowling Green Marsh. Reading the Devon blog, 2 of the birds did drop in.

Horned Grebe

Horned Grebe

Horned Grebe

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.