No Wood Sandpiper But A Black Tern

Goosemoor, Topsham, Devon
I went to look for the reported Wood Sandpiper early evening. No sign of the bird but 2 Juvenile Little Ringed Plover kept me entertained.

Little Ringed Plover (Juvenile)

The Quay, Exmouth, Devon 
I finished the evening looking in the hope Matts Juvenile Black Tern that he spotted this morning would reappear in amongst the roost. I’ve had a busy day today so I couldn’t get out sooner. Sandwich Tern numbers have increased a lot and there must have been around 100 birds. Also 10 Mediterranean Gulls of varying ages present. I was about to give up as the light faded when out of a channel popped a Juvenile Black Tern. It was only visible for a few seconds but enough for me. I’m not sure it was the same bird though.

Byron Way, Exmouth, Devon
Looks like there are 2 young Common House Martin in the nest on my house. They are starting to poke their heads out now so hopefully not long until they fledge.

Common House Martin


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.