Northern Goshawk And Willow Tit

Undisclosed site, Devon
I finished work very early as I had an appointment to go to which took less time than expected. So I decided to do a swift trip to a site I know that’s good for Northern Goshawk. It proved worth the visit as one was circling overhead as I parked up. I managed descent views of the bird for a few minutes before it drifted out of sight.

Stover Country Park, Devon
Time wasn’t really on my side but on the way home I stopped off at Stover for a lightening quick walk to the feeder and back. 15 Common Merganser were on the lake, 1 of them being a drake.

Common Merganser (Male)
Common Merganser (Females)

On the feeder (although it was devoid of seeds) were the usual species but it was nice to see both a male and female Eurasian Siskin and best of all, a Willow Tit. I initially put it down (obviously) as a Marsh Tit. However it came down to the platform (as someone had sprinkled seeds by the bench) and closer scrutiny showed that the crown was matt and not glossy. It’s cheeks were brilliant white and obviously larger, pale panels on the secondaries showed through and it was a warm buff colour underneath.

I managed a few other dreadful photos.

Great Tit

Long-tailed Tit

Eurasian Coot

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.