Black-winged Stilt

Black Hole Marsh, Seaton, Devon 

News broke very suddenly of a Black-winged Stilt on site. Having the afternoon to myself and about to head out locally, I decided a change of plan was in order. I first saw the bird (a Female) from the viewing platform but moved on to the tower hide as that's were it was hanging around. To say the bird was showy is an understatement. I enjoyed the views for a while with some other admirers and it was nice to meet some familiar faces and to put some faces to names. I then moved on and on the path back was a Common Reed Bunting. Oddly my first I'd the year. A cracking record for the site indeed.

Black-winged Stilt (Female)

Black-winged Stilt (Female)

Black-winged Stilt (Female)

Black-winged Stilt (Female)

Black-winged Stilt (Female)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.