Ring Ouzel and Black Redstart

Peak Hill, Sidmouth, Devon 

Due to work and family commitments. I haven't been out as much this October as I would have liked. I had a few hours off this afternoon and not having to be on call for my kids, I took the opportunity to catch a few species. I do like Peak Hill so the chance of a Ring Ouzel was mouthwatering. I headed straight to the north end of the valley and within minutes I was enjoying great views. Shame I was on bins only as I was viewing down to around 30 metres. I also had a distant bird that gave off Ring Ouzel but couldn't confirm or relocate.

Seaton, Devon 

Having not caught up with a Black Redstart this year and news of 5 in the town. I had to pop along to take a look. As luck would have it, I got on to two females in the housing estate behind the Premier Inn. I walked around a bit more and looked at the yacht club but couldn't locate any more individuals. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.