Snow Bunting and Ring-necked Duck

Haldon Forest, Devon 

I popped here as soon as I had dropped the kids off at school to see Hawfinch. Despite a few hours on site I failed to see a single one. 

Slapton Sands, Devon 

It's been a few years since I have seen a Snow Bunting, so I headed to Slapton. This isn't a site I've ever stopped at (driven through for work) but I must say it's a cracking area. I was treated to a Eurasian Jay on arrival and a Cetti's Warbler as I passed the east part of the Ley. However, the star bird was a little way past the beach car park and boy was it a star. This male comes amazingly close if you stay still. I've seen this species close up before but not as close as this. What a corker.

Snow Bunting (Male)

Snow Bunting (Male)

Snow Bunting (Male)

Beesands, Devon 

While I was in the area, it seemed rude not to pop over to see the male Ring-necked Duck. I didn't go to the hide but walked along the beach side of the pool and managed to sneak a look through the reeds and the bird was distantly viewable. Views would have been more difficult from the hide though. Also on site was a Black Swan.

Ring-necked Duck (Male)

Ring-necked Duck (Male)

Ring-necked Duck (Male)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.