Greater Scaup And Ruff

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 
I popped in at high tide after work in the hope of seeing the Greater Scaup and Ruff. There was a lot of activity and the waders were unsettled. There must have been a raptor nearby but no one in the hide got sight of one. Plenty of the normal species on offer with good numbers of Pier Avocet. The Ruff was picked up by Dave Boult soon after I arrived. He gave me directions on were the Greater Scaup was last seen but it had gone AWOL. I was about to call it a day when I picked it up in the centre of the marsh. The Iong-billed Dowitcher was on sight but couldn't be located.

I also learned that I can now again add Hudsonian Whimbrel to my list as the IOC have split it. I'm glad as I have seen 2 individuals. 1 in Sussex in 2015 and the other in Cornwall in 2016.

Greater Scaup (Male)

Greater Scaup (Male)

Ruff



No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.