Eurasian Beaver

Ottery River, Ottery St Mary, Devon 

I had a walk this evening from St saviours bridge in Ottery to halfway to Tipton St John. I was treated to several Grey Wagtail, White-throated Dipper and Common Kingfisher. My first Cetti's Warbler in Ottery boundary and more Little Egret than I could count. I thought back to when I first started birdwatching (late teens) and the later 2 species I mentioned were a real rarity (Living in Wales, even more so) and now they are relatively easy species to enjoy. It also got me thinking of all the species that I would see in plentiful numbers that are now hard to see and enjoy. How time changes things? Best of all though was the briefest view of an Eurasian Beaver. I dont seem to have much luck when looking for these amazing creatures so I was extremely pleased to finally catch up with one again.

Beer Head, Devon 

Last Wednesday I spent an afternoon getting to know this site in more detail. Not a great deal about but did enjoy 5 Northern Wheatear, a fly over Western Yellow Wagtail and Lots of Meadow Pipit. I was treated to Small Copper and Clouded Yellow on the Butterfly front.

Meadow Pipit 

Northern Wheatear 



No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.