Common Redstart

Beer Head, Devon 

A late post from a visit yesterday evening. I was rather late getting to site but was hopefully of seeing some migrants. I caught up with a male Common Redstart that showed very briefly before dropping into the undergrowth and didnt show again. A few Western Yellow Wagtail were rather mobile and didnt settle down. On the headland south of the barn I picked up a call I've not heard before. The only way to describe it was a "Hew up" with the Hew being rather slow and the up quick. Its difficult to describe calls. I searched the area with no luck and only heard the call 3 times. I've checked Xeno canto, for things I think it could have been with not luck. All I can say is I've never heard that call before so just playing guess work at what to listen to. This will go down as a "oh I wish I knew what that was" bird. 


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.