Curlew Sandpiper and Garganey

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 

I had an evening look around. I've not been here for some time since moving from Exmouth to Ottery St Mary. So it was nice to be on Familiar territory. I was hoping for my first Eurasian Whimbrel and Garganey of the year. The first species was easy with a few birds on site. The hide was frustratingly closed, so I had to make do with views from the road. 

The next species on offer was Curlew Sandpiper. A Few birds were frustrating to get views of but I did manage some half okay views. The Greater Scaup put in a brief appearance. As did a Common Pochard. With really fading light I just managed a Garganey before heading off. As always, lots of waders on offer with Eurasian Curlew, Black-tailed Godwit, Dunlin and Common Redshank. It looks like yesterday's Spotted Redshank has cleared out though. Unless its elsewhere on the Exe.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.