Snow Goose and Finches

Exminster Marsh, Devon
I had the afternoon off so popped her for a look around. The place was still frozen so all the wildfowl and waders were in amongst the grass. I was along the railway path when the Snow Goose flew in with some Canada Goose from Powderham. It landed over by the canal so I drove over to the fisherman's car park. Just past the (now falling apart) viewing platform was the bird in question. Also on site was several Common Snipe, good numbers of Northern Lapwing and the usual other species.

Snow Goose 

Snow Goose

Cockwood, Devon
A quick look from here produced the Common Goldeneye and Horned Grebe. There was not much else on offer.

Aylesbeare Common, Devon
My last stop off. I spent most of my time watching a finch flock. Many Common Chaffinch but I soon located a single Brambling and Lesser Redpoll.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.