A Few Good Species

Bystock Pools, Exmouth, Devon 
I popped here first after work as I was inspired by Matt Knotts finding. As Matt mentioned, it is looking good up there at the moment. My first find were 3 Lesser Redpoll, only brief views and then flight views before disappearing. Next was a pair of Eurasian Siskin. Then the bird I was hoping for, a cracking Common Firecrest. The only one I spotted but calls suggested many more on site.

Otterton Sewage Works, Devon
I decided to give this place a quick look on the way home. At the car park feeder was a stunning Male Cirl Bunting and a few Yellowhammer. Sea watching wasnt shabby either. A nice calm surface revealed 6 Red-throated Loon, 1 Black-throated Loon and plenty of Northern Fulmar.

Cirl Bunting (Male)

Red-throated Loon 

Yellowhammer (Female)
.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.