New Year

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon
I managed to get 2 hours out whilst the rest of the family went to watch Frozen 2 in the cinema at Exmouth. It was nice to be on familiar turf. I popped here first as it's a good place to start your new year list. The highlight was the Long-billed Dowitcher that was rather showy at times. Also of note were Pied Avocet, Bar-tailed Godwit, Northern Pintail and Common Pochard.

Darts Farm, Topsham, Devon
On the fields were decent numbers of Brant Goose and a good sized finch flock that included many Conmon Linnet and a Common Reed Bunting

Mudbank Lane, Exmouth, Devon
Not too much on offer apart from the expected species.

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
I bumped into Matt Knott here but I literally only had 10 minutes before I had to pick the family up from the cinema. Matt informed me that the Cirl Bunting was in the dung heap but it failed to show for me.

Not the haul I hoped for but ended the few hours with 60 species.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.