Pied Wheatear

Trevose Head, Near Padstow, Cornwall 
I had the afternoon off so I decided to see it I could get myself a lifer. I’ve waited a long time to get the bird in question. I picked up Pete and we set off. We reached the site in good time but not knowing the area, we were unsure of where to go. Luckily another group of birders were coming back and gave us very good directions. From the national trust car park you head back down the road and take the road towards the lifeboat station. You then enter the first gate and follow the path along the hedge to view. We had only walked about 5 minutes along this path and connected with the female Pied Wheatear. We got outrageous views for around 10 minutes before we lost it. A stunning bird and one I’ve longed to see for such a long time.

Also around the area where a few Eurasian Skylark, European Stonechat and Meadow Pipit. The bird was also a lifer for Pete so we were both pleased as punch with the successful trip.

Pied Wheatear (Female)
Pied Wheatear (Female)
Pied Wheatear (Female) 
Pied Wheatear (Female)



No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.