Not 1 But 2

Woodbury Common, Devon
I haven’t done much birding this week (well nothing worthy of talking about) so I was glad to get an early finish today and get out for a few hours up to dusk. I thought I would look around the common and I had just got out of the car when I spotted 2 birds that looked like raptors flying through at distance. I got my bins on the first bird and realised it was a juvenile Hen Harrier. I quickly moved to the second bird and had a wow moment as this was also a Hen Harrier. The second bird in my mind was a female. Also just as I was around 100 metres from the car I had 6 Red Crossbill. I walked around seeing not much else for a while but came across a flock of circa 30 Fieldfare and several Redwing. A few Meadow Pipit, Common Linnet and Common Chaffinch made the supporting cast.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.