Green Hairstreak

Bystock Pools, Devon 

I decided to give the birds a rest today and focus on other winged critters. I do love Butterflies and Dragonfies so I popped to my best local place in search of some good species. This Small reserve never fails to deliver on both families I was targeting. My Butterfly species seen were, Green Hairstreak, Marbled White, Silver-washed Fritillary, Meadow Brown, Large Skipper, Small Heath, Peacock and Common Blue. 

Far more Dragonfly species were on offer with Black-tailed Skimmer, Keeled Skimmer, Emperor Dragonfly, Large Red Damselfly, Four-spotted Chaser, Golden-ringed Dragonfly, Beautiful Demoiselle, Common Blue Damselfly and Common Darter.

It was also nice to see numerous Common Spotted Orchids in the meadow area. I didn't have one good bird moment with a day churring European Nightjar. I couldn't locate it though. 

White Bridge, Budleigh Salterton

I moved on to the River Otter as I haven't visited here for a while. I managed to add Red Admiral, Large White and Banded Demoiselle to the day list.

Beautiful Demoiselle (Female)

Keeled Skimmer (Male)

Large Red Damselfly (Male)

Black-tailed Skimmer (Female)

Six Spot Burnet

Small Heath

Marbled White 

Large Skipper 

Green Hairstreak 

Beautiful Demoiselle (Male)

Emperor Dragonfly 

Large Red Damselfly (Pair)

Black-tailed Skimmer (Male)

Banded Demoiselle (Male)

Common Spotted Orchid

Large Yellow Underwing in the
garden the other day

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.