River Warbler

Ham Wall, Somerset 

The lure of this amazing lifer was too great today so I popped up this evening. I also gained a companion for the trip. Kevin Hale joined me for this great bird. Once on site and on route a fellow birder advised us its really showy, so we were confident we would see it. We could hear the bird reeling on our approach and we're on to the bird before even setting up scopes. The reports say "showing well" and they aren't lying. The whole time we were there it only went into cover for around 15 minutes. I wish every lifer was as easy as this. Also on site was a stunning Male Western Marsh Harrier, 1 Great Egret and plenty of Common Swift. On the way back to the car Kevin got a Eurasian Bittern that I missed. A great bird and great to meet and chat with Kevin. A very enjoyable evening.

River Warbler 

River Warbler 

River Warbler 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.