Making The Most Of Lockdown

Butts Road and surrounding area, Ottery St Mary, Devon 
So, I have been in lockdown since Tuesday. I work for Devon County Councils Highways department and I am still working from home. Also juggling home schooling with my wife who also has to work from home.

These are scary times and we are trying to keep a routine and be as normal as possible. My youngest is autistic so this situation is very difficult for her comprehend.

Anyway, we are getting out for an hours exercise and keeping to the social distancing rules. So my birding is confined to these walks and my garden.

So, I have decided to keep a 'Lockdown List". Something to hopefully look back on in the future.

So my list at present consists of the following.

Mallard
Common Pheasant
Indian Peahen (heard only not tickable)
Common Buzzard
Herring Gull
Rock/Feral Pigeon
Common Wood pigeon
Eurasian Collared Dove
Tawny Owl (heard only)
Great Spotted Woodpecker
European Green Woodpecker
Eurasian Magpie
Western Jackdaw
Rook
Carrion Crow
Northern Raven
Eurasian Blue Tit
Great Tit
Long-tailed Tit
Common Chiffchaff
Goldcrest
Eurasian Wren
Eurasian Nuthatch
Common Starling
Common Blackbird
Song Thrush
European Robin
House Sparrow
Dunnock
Grey Wagtail
Pied Wagtail
Meadow Pipit
Common Chaffinch
European Greenfinch
Common Linnet
Eurasian Goldfinch

Yesterday I also saw this nice Peacock butterfly. And today I saw a Small White.

Peacock


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.