2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad

Labrador bay, Devon 
After a dismal week of dips I managed a few hours off family duties and decided to try to make amends. Very windy and choppy seas were the order of the day but I managed to find a sheltered spot and easily picked out the Surf Scoter and Velvet Scoter. PHEW!!

(Left) Surf Scoter and Velvet Scoter 

(Left) Surf Scoter and Velvet Scoter 


Powderham Marsh, Devon 
I moved on for the Green-winged Teal. At the platform I bumped into Dave Boult and we scoped the marsh together. The Snow Goose was present as were, Little Ringed Plover, the male Greater Scaup, a White Wagtail in amongst the many Pied Wagtail, several Sand Martin and the Ruff. Despite hanging around I still didnt get the Green-winged Teal. As Meatloaf said, "two out of three ain't bad". On the walk to the platform and back were, a single male Cirl Bunting, Cetti's Warbler and 2 Common Chiffchaff. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.