Long-billed Dowitcher

Lodmoor, Weymouth, Dorset
Me and my mate Pete set off to look at would be only my second Long-billed Dowitcher. My first sighting was also at Lodmoor, as was my only sighting of Short-billed Dowitcher. Finding this bird was so easy. It was asleep just a couple of hundred yards away from the Reserve entrance. It woke up after a few minutes and gave great views. Unfortunately, my phone camera sensor is kaput. So I could only manage this crappy record shot. The only other bird of note was a Ruff.

Long-billed Dowitcher 
Portland Bill, Dorset
We moved on to the quarry in search of the Eurasian Wryneck bit despite a bit of a stakeout, it was nowhere to be seen. It was a similar story for the Lapland Bunting. Around the area though, were double figures of Northern Wheatear and singles of Whinchat and White Wagtail.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.