Another Long-billed Dowitcher

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon.
After not having time to look for the Long-billed Dowitcher yesterday, I had a look off the viewing platform before work as it had been reported. On arrival I bumped into Dave Boult who advised me it had flown further down the estuary and he was trying to relocate it. After a little look, I decided to give up and look over the afternoon high tide. The hide was packed out with a few familiar faces. Keith Birchall said it wasn’t on site but it should be in very soon as the Waders were starting to come in from the estuary. He kindly pointed out a Curlew Sandpiper showing rather nicely in front of the hide.

The long-billed Dowitcher then came in as expected and gave some nice views on the far island and after a little while came even closer. Also on sight was a juvenile Garganey and Ruff. Only armed with bins I couldn’t take any pictures. My 3rd ever Long-billed Dowitcher (2nd this year) and my 1st in Devon.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.