Sea Watch Let Down By Large Shearwaters

Porthgwarra, Cornwall 
Me and my mate Pete headed off early in the hope of sea watching heaven. We arrived in good time and I headed up to the head whilst Pete staked out the cove. There was a large ensemble of expectant birders and I had already seen a report en route that Berry head and seen a large Shearwater Species. All set for a good watch I thought. It started off well with 3 Great Skua in close succession, a couple of Balearic Shearwater and a Single Sooty Shearwater. Decent numbers of Manx Shearwater went through and a close European Storm Petrel. All good so far I thought. I was wrong, it started to get quieter by the minute, whilst Berry Head had 2 Long-tailed Jaeger and another large Shearwater species. One species was added to the day with a Parasitic Jaeger. Let’s say there were a number of birders left wanting.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.