Lots Of Year Ticks In Somerset

Near Lower Durston, Somerset 
I popped along to a site in Somerset that I know holds Common Nightingale. I wasn’t disappointed as I had good but brief views of one bird. Also on site were a few Common Swift, Eurasian Blackcap, Great Spotted Woodpecker and lots of Song Thrush. Also on the Dragonfly front were good numbers of Blue-tailed Damselfly.

Blue-tailed Damselfly
Hodders Combe, Somerset
I have never been to this site but inspired by Dave Stones blog I thought I would give it a try. Within 10 minutes of being on site I was on to a Wood Warbler. I eventually came across 2 birds in total. Also on site was White-throated Dipper, Eurasian Nuthatch, Eurasian Treecreeper and Eurasian Blackcap. I liked this site and I will visit again soon.

Ham Wall, Somerset 
My last stop off to get a few more year ticks. Great flight views of Eurasian Bittern, 2 Eurasian Hobby, a flyby Common Kingfisher and a very distant Common Cuckoo. Also of note where 4 Great Egret, 2 Western Marsh Harrier, what seemed to be a larger amount of Common Swift, Eurasian Reed Warbler, Cetti’s Warbler and Common Reed Bunting.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.