Caspian Tern And Spotted Redshank

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 
After dipping twice on yesterday’s Caspian Tern, I was determined to get it in the bag today. So after work I headed to the marsh. It was busy to say the least so I ended up parking near the goat walk. Whilst there I had a quick scan and picked up 2 Little Tern heading in the viewing platform direction. Off I went for a look there to find a crowd that were on the bird on the opposite side of the river. Despite the bird having its back to us I was able to obtain really nice views. Whilst there I was informed that a summer plumage Spotted Redshank was showing well from the hide. With little time, I hot footed up there and got nice views of it with some Common Greenshank. Yesterday’s evening outing to the goat walk in search of the Tern gave me 19 Mediterranean Gull.

It has been nice to bump into a few birders over the last few days. Too many to mention but must say a huge well done to Matt Knott who found the bird (his second) well done that man, Mark Bailey has been giving great Twitter updates, Dave Stone for some good banter and my good pal Pete. I have to say thanks to Rob Murphy for constant text updates too. I know he is struggling to get to see it (a lifer bird too) but I hope it works out for him and Steph.

Caspian Tern

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.