Wood Sandpiper Episode III

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 
Hide
I popped to the hide before work and one of the Green Sandpiper was in front of the hide. A few Black-tailed Godwit, 7 Dunlin and a Stock Dove were about but not much else was on offer.

Green Sandpiper

Green Sandpiper  

Green Sandpiper  

Black-tailed Godwit

Viewing platform 
A quick look produced 4 Common Greenshank and circa 40 Dunlin.

Black Hole Marsh, Seaton, Devon 
I couldn’t resist a quick nip across to Seaton for the reported Wood Sandpiper. And on my third attempt this year I obtained awesome close views of a juvenile. I don’t know what it is about this Marsh but the Wood Sandpipers always show well. I bumped into Tim White who reminded me of a few years ago when there were 30 plus however last year there were no records. Also a showy Common Sandpiper was on offer.

Wood Sandpiper (Juvenile)

Wood Sandpiper (Juvenile)

Wood Sandpiper (Juvenile)

Common Sandpiper 

Common Sandpiper 

Byron Way, Exmouth, Devon
I forgot to mention that my Common House Martin have fledged. I didn’t witness it but I believe 2 youngsters made their way out from the nest some time on Tuesday.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.