Missed Purple Heron By A Whisker

Shapwick Heath, Somerset
I had to travel to Bath for a meeting today so it seemed rude not to head off a tad early so I could pop into Shapwick Heath. I headed to Noah’s hide in the hope of seeing the Purple Heron that’s been around. On arrival I was informed that it had been showing fantastically until a few minutes ago. Typical I thought!! However I was treated to great views of a Osprey, 2 Western Marsh Harrier and 2 Great Egret around the lake. Also on route to the hide were another 3 Great Egret, and a bedraggled looking Common Buzzard. A few Dragonflies in the way of Southern Hawker and Common Darter. Plus a rather nice Cricket species, that I think is a Dark Bush Cricket. Numerous Small White, Large White and Speckled Wood made up the Butterfly species.

Osprey 

Osprey 

Common Buzzard 

Great Egret 

Great Egret
Dark Bush Cricket?

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.