Eurasian Spoonbill

Coastal path near Otterton, Devon 

I had a few hours to spare this morning so I visited a few old haunts. I started at the sea watching ledge near the Sewage works. As it was high tide, my thought was possibly a good chance of some Loons. Not great quantity but singles of Common Loon and Red-throated Loon were enjoyed. A few Common Murre and Northern Fulmar plus a hunting Peregrine Falcon were also enjoyed. Unfortunately I didn't see any Common Scoter or Cirl Bunting.

Bystock Pools, Exmouth, Devon 

Next I visited one of my old favourite areas when I lived in Exmouth. It was rather quite, with no sign of a Common Firecrest but a solo Lesser Redpoll was a nice consolation. 

Shelley Beach, Exmouth, Devon 

I had a lightening quick look for the Black Redstart with no success. 

Mudbank Lane, Exmouth, Devon 

Finally, a look off here. As it was hight tide, it was nice to see a few Common Greenshank, Ruddy Turnstone and a single Dunlin close up. Out in the estuary were a few Great Crested Grebe but I couldn't locate the 2 Black-necked Grebe. The star bird was initially sleeping on arrival but a short wait meant great views of the Eurasian Spoonbill.

Eurasian Spoonbill

Eurasian Spoonbill 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.