Lockdown 3 Birding

 Ottery St Mary, Devon

I'm quite lucky that I can easily walk to a few places near me to get my daily exercise and birding fix. Here are the hghlights from the last week.

The garden has produced some good entertainment whilst I'm working in the kitchen / diner. With Goldcrest, Eurasian Nuthatch, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Coal Tit, European Greenfinch and Long-tailed Tit. Fieldfare and Redwing have been very prominent too. Plus a brief Tawny Owl the other evening. 

A walk along the Otter near St Saviours Bridge allowed me to get good views of White-throated Dipper and Grey Wagtail. 

Slightly further north on the Otter near Cadhay House gave me Eurasian Treecreeper, 8 Stock Dove, Grey Heron and Little Egret. Disappointingly, no Common Kingfisher which I normally see along here.

I've only been carrying my binoculars but did manage a half decent photo of this White-throated Dipper in very overcast conditions.

White-throated Dipper



No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.