American Wigeon

Exmouth, Devon 

Popped to Exmouth today in hope of seeing the eclipse plumage drake American Wigeon. I popped to Mudbank first. I scanned the large Eurasian Wigeon flock for around an hour until he gave himself up. First one I've seen for nearly 2 years and was great to see.

Ottery St Mary, Devon 

This week around my estate I have taken a few very short walks and not ventured more than half a mile from my home. I've noticed a nice flock of circa 30 Redwing in the area which was nice to see. Also the following of note. Mistle Thrush, a big increase in European Greenfinch, European Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Eurasian Nuthatch, Tawny Owl and Goldcrest. A total of 34 species on my doorstep, which just goes to show what you can see if you keep and eye open.


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.