European Stom Petrel

Otterton, Devon
I went for my daily exercise from Stantywell Farm to the coastal path near the sewage works this evening. In one of the fields just down from the farm were, 2 Red-legged Partridge and 2 Brown Hare.

A further 2 Brown Hare were seen further along. At the feeder at the sewage works was a stunning male Cirl Bunting and along the path to the coastal path was a nice female Common Whitethroat.

At the coastal path I scanned the sea. A few Northern Gannet and Northern Fulmar were far out and then whilst tracking a Black-legged Kittiwake, I picked up a small black bird just above the surface. It was initially heading straight towards me so my initial thought was Common Murre. However, the jizz was all wrong. The bird then tracked west and it because immediately obvious I was watching a European Storm Petrel. Not too shabby for a lockdown tick.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.