Exploring My Surroundings

Cadhay Bridge to Otter Nurseries, Devon
I had more time to check the area out today and rain didnt halter things either. The Common Mergansers were in the same place but the number had increased to 10 (3 males and 7 females). They were joined by a Little Egret. I walked a fair way along the wooden public footpath and whilst I didnt see anything I wouldnt expect to see. It was nice to get a feel for the site. Lots of good habitats that include some great stubble fields that can be viewed easily from the path. I'll be keeping an eye on that area. I'm optimistic that this will prove to be a good site and time will tell I guess.

Common Merganser (males)

Common Merganser (male and females)

It was also nice too a number of Snowdrop dotted around.

Snowdrop


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was at Cadhay Bridge today and although I didn’t see any dippers, I did see a male and female goosander. The males in your photos are very white-sided which RBMs are not. Also they are typically birds of the north and west, not so much in the south. What do you reckon. Also saw a female garganey swimming against the flow from the same spot.
Colin Hyde

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.