All About The Thrushes

Emsworthy Mire, Near Haytor, Devon
I had the afternoon and despite having pretty bad sciatica, I made the effort to go and have a little look around. Most of my time was spent sitting on walls to ease the pain. This worked rather well actually as I was able to watch a flock of around 60 Fieldfare and in amongst them were 2 Male Ring Ouzel and around 10 Redwing. I couldn't chase them down for a photo and they always remained distant. To back up the other Thrush species a few Song Thrush and Common Blackbird were on site. A Grey Wagtail was a nice surprise too. Also of note on site were 2 Eurasian Jay, Northern Raven and a Male Eurasian Bullfinch. A few Coal Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Great Tit, Eurasian Blue Tit, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Common Chaffinch, Eurasian Magpie and Carrion Crow made up the supporting cast.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.