Summer Migrants

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
I checked the dung field and immediate area very quickly first thing but it was rather misty and there wasn't much about apart from a few Willow Warbler.

Exminster Marsh, Devon
As the roads are quiet due to half term, the lure of yesterdays Garganey got the better of me so I popped here before heading to the office. I walked from the middle car park to the fisherman's car park and back. The first bird of note was a singing Sedge Warbler that also showed itself briefly at close range. This was followed by cracking views of a Cetti's Warbler. Near the fisherman's car park were 2 Barnacle Goose, a Eurasuan Whimbrel in among the Eurasian Curlew and a Male Common Reed Bunting but alas, no Garganey. As I arrived back at the middle car park, a number of Sand Martins were feeding and a single Common House Martin was in amongst them.

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
I went for another look around after work and was rewarded with a Male Northern Wheatear along the coastal path. A few Willow Warbler were dotted about but I was surprised to see a Red-legged Partridge whilst checking out the dung field before leaving. It was sat on the fence to the left of the field but dropped down into the old dung field to quickly for a photo. I checked the other field without success. Also a few Barn Swallow were pottering about.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.