Little Ringed Plover

Powderham Marsh, Devon 
After work I had a walk to the viewpoint as I was informed over the weekend by Rob and Steph Murphy that there were 3 Little Ringed Plover on the marsh. I wasn’t able to get out over the weekend so I was itching to have a look for them. As I walked to the viewpoint, the Snow Goose flew over and settled in its current favoured field near the Swans Nest Inn. Small flocks of Common Linnet, Common Chaffinch and Eurasian Goldfinch gave me something to look through on route.

On arriving at the viewpoint, I didn’t have to look too hard for the Little Ringed Plover as I got straight on to one of the birds and very quickly picked up the other 2 all around the base of the pylon. Several Sand Martin were hawking the marsh and after a search I picked up singles of Ruff and Common Sandpiper to the right of the marsh. A group of 20 European Golden Plover were to the left with a few coming into breeding plumage. Due to the distance here are some awful record shots!

Ruff 
Little Ringed Plover 
European Golden Plover 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.